Here is a recipe for a quick and flavorful BBQ sauce to accompany your grilled meats or dress up your burger. Enjoy!
Quick BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1 1/2 cups (14-oz bottle) ketchup
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
Skewer the half-onion with a toothpick to hold it together, then add it with all other ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often to avoid sticking, then reduce to a simmer and continue to cook, uncovered, for at least 30 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat, discard the onion and garlic cloves, allow to cool and serve as desired. Store the BBQ sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one month.