Spaghetti with Roasted Cauliflower and Almonds
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds or 1 kg), cored and broken into small florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces (about 340 g) whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 oz (about 85 g) sliced almonds, toasted
- grated zest from 1 lemon
Preheat oven to 450°F / 230°C. Toss together cauliflower, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring halfway through, until cauliflower is tender and browned, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, discard the garlic and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti, and cook until al dente. Drain.
Toss hot pasta with the cauliflower, the remaining olive oil, the parsley, the almonds and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and more olive oil if needed. Serve immediately.